- Ensures smooth integration in all types of EV forklifts
- Facilitates system deployment across fleets with combustion-powered and electric-powered forklifts
- Reduces risk of pedestrian accidents in materials handling and warehouse operations
Taipei, Taiwan, June 15, 2022 – VIA Technologies, Inc. today announced that it has enabled EV forklift support for the VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System with the launch of its new 36V – 100V DC-DC power converter.
The power converter ensures the smooth integration of the VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System in all types of EV forklifts and is available as an optional accessory for all configurations of the system.
“The adoption of EV forklifts for materials handling and warehouse operations is accelerating at a rapid rate,” said Richard Brown, VP International Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. “The launch of this new power converter makes it easy for customers to deploy the VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System across their entire fleet in both combustion-powered and electric-powered vehicles.”
The VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System prevents pedestrian accidents in complex warehouse, manufacturing, and construction environments with its pinpoint people detection capabilities that automatically alert the driver whenever someone steps too close to the vehicle. To reduce the possibility of accidents caused by operator inattentiveness, the system also supports a DSS (Driver Safety System) that issues alerts when it detects signs of fatigue and risky behavior such a smart phone usage and smoking through the driver camera.
The system provides a complete out-of-the-box solution that is easy to install and delivers rock solid-reliability in the toughest indoor and outdoor environments. It is available in a wide selection of packages and configurations. The 3PD Package features one rear and two side cameras that support a 270° people detection zone, while the 2PD + DSS Package comes with front and rear cameras that support an adjustable detection zone of 60° – 120° plus a driver camera.
- Smart People Detection: The system’s wide-angle cameras support a people detection zone covering an area of between 4 and 5 meters depending on the camera installation height. The detection area and accompanying alerts can be configured with either a single (warning) or two zones (warning and critical) using the VIA Mobile360 WorkX smart phone app.
- DSS (Driver Safety System): The DSS alerts the operator when it detects signs of fatigue, smart phone usage, and smoking through the driver camera.
- Rich Visual Awareness: The system can deliver live video streams from the front and rear cameras direct to its optional 7” in-cabin CVBS display. Real-time visual alerts for people detection are also included in its user-friendly interface.
- Speed and Reverse Light Sensor Kit: The kit has been designed for use cases in which forklift operators require maximum situational awareness to safely maneuver their vehicles.
- Rugged Waterproof Design: The system comprises an IP67-rated enclosure, cameras, and optional display, as well as high-quality cables, brackets, and other accessories that have been validated under the most demanding operating conditions.
- Easy Installation & Operation: The VIA Mobile360 WorkX app makes calibrating the three cameras, adjusting settings, upgrading the firmware, and viewing and downloading videos stored on the system’s Micro SD card a snap.
- Supported Vehicles: With its flexible design,the system can be installed on a wide range of combustion-powered and electric-powered forklift models from leading manufacturers.
The VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System is available worldwide.
Learn more about the VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System here:
See videos of the VIA Mobile360 Forklift Safety System in action here:
Images related to this press release are available here:
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc. is a global leader in the design and development of intelligent automotive, industrial, building, and edge solutions for the most demanding use cases and deployment environments. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA’s global network links the high-tech centers of the US, Asia, and Europe, and spans a customer base that includes many of the world’s leading hi-tech, industrial, transportation, and logistics companies. www.viatech.com